To: People Spreading Laziness!!

“I’ll do this work tomorrow” says a person who has delayed the work for the past few days. Being lazy is an art in itself. One can say that “I am processing something creative in my mind that is why I am not in motion” whereas the reason behind being motionless is the lazy quotient indeed. You’ll have to come up with innovative ideas to stop people from calling you lazy.

These are just lines to be said. Such people don’t give a damn if people call them lazy. I am unfortunate enough to live with such lazy people. The lazy family!

Getting into details, lazy people spend their holidays laying, trying to sleep and sleeping… It hardly takes 10 - 15 minutes for them to fall asleep. (At least, they show it like this in Shinchan series). 

My sister spends her free time by sleeping. Once I saw her going to bed to re-sleep just after 2-3 hours passed since she woke up. Ask me what my dad’s possible after-retirement-plans are, with no second thoughts in my mind I can say lazing around.


I don’t know if it has something to do with the vibes of my home that once my cousin visited us for a month or so. And after a few days he said “At your home, even I don’t feel like doing anything”. 

Next night, while he was lying on the bed and watching a show on the T.V.; when his show ended he called me. I was lying down (on the verge of sleeping) in the other room. When I asked him the reason he said, “Nothing I just called you to switch off the T.V.”


Who does not like to play? No one. Right? But no, here at my place I have to convince my siblings to play even for those games for which little effort is required, say Ludo. “One needs to stay alert and active” or “One needs to the roll the dice again and again” among the most unconvincing excuses to not to play. 

When I was a kid my siblings used to invent such games where all the elder ones and the little ones (though forcefully) lie down and are supposed to sleep. Even two of my friends are such that once they take their seat, they just don’t move an inch from there. It seems like they are glued to the bench.




Now that I have been living with such lazy people for years, it has started showing some effects on me as well. 
Like, whenever I have some work for which I’ll have to put few steps down and if, by chance, I get to know that someone else’s work will be bestowed upon me if I moved, I cancel my plan to do that work in order to avoid the work of the other person. Hopefully, these effects won’t expand beyond the limits. *Fingers Crossed*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries