Of Trends and Fashion

Disclaimer: This is a (first) girlish post, so you may or may not relate to it. 

I often find myself on the opposite side of girlish talks. I wonder how I came up with the idea of this post.

Some sartorial choices can be difficult to carry in routine life. When I did shopping lately, I had more checkpoints in my mind before finalising the purchase. As they say, 'Difficulty is the mother of invention.' 

I guess that is why I'm summing up my experience here in this post.

Oh! Wait. Isn't it 'Necessity is the mother of invention'?

Anyway, moulding according to the situation is the best alternative. Even if it is in quotes.

In this age of fashion and following trends, it can be luring to buy some clothes purely out of the craze. Following these trends blindly can sometimes put you into a sort of mess. 

So, if you are planning to buy any of the listed attires, make sure to consider associated points.

1. Frilled Sleeve tops

Source: Flipkart
These tops are in trend these days without any doubt. But make sure that the sleeves are of the appropriate length. If the sleeves are long, you will find trouble in serving food at the table. Or have to tuck them in to wash your hands so that the hanging fabric doesn't get wet or dirty. So, you'll be on the back foot in doing chores no matter what.


2. Thumb-hole tops

Source: Limeroad
I figured out the practical problem that one faces in a thumb hole top. While it seems decent and fancy at the same time, it also poses out a challenge in washing hands. You just can't wash your hands without actually taking the thumb back out of the hole and then putting it back. Not only is it extra work but also leads to loosening of the fabric from that particular place. 

3. Jumpsuit 

Source: Myntra
The complexity of this one is more acclaimed. One makes an impulsive purchase for it only to realise later on that it is very unnatural in its approach. 
Let me elaborate: if you are intending to wear this dress for a longer time, give it a second thought. How'd you take a pee in it? It can be opened from the neck only, fixated either with a zip, hook or buttons, as the case may be. So, make sure you are not running out of time as you'd have to literally get it off every time you visit the loo. 
If the fixations are at back, then just double up the trouble and according to the flexibility of your arms. 

4. Palazzo or Bell-bottom

Source: Amazon
Given its popularity, nobody clearly gives a damn to the point that I'm going to mention here. 
If you ride a two-wheeler you may have also faced this. Sometimes, when I'm getting down from my activa, the wide edges of my palazzo get stuck in the activa stand. It may also cause someone to fall off the stairs if one accidentally steps onto the freely flowing palazzo.

I've faced this problem of wide edged clothes in childhood as well. Bell bottom jeans were in trend back then. Whenever I rode bicycle, my jeans would get stuck in its chain. So, I would have to move my cycle backwards to untangle it from the jeans, without even being able to get down. 

5. Boat-Neck tops

Source: Nyka
These tops not only put you in a position of revealed or uncovered straps, but also the problem of falling shoulders. A skinny person like me, having a narrow bone structure, has to keep pulling the top back up to the shoulders to prevent it from falling.


6. Multiple-button jeans

Source: Snapdeal
No wonder it has the advantage of a broad waistband. But suppose you are in a hurry, you just 'cannot' afford to step out without buttoning them all. You will have to put in the effort of buttoning each one of them. And what to talk about finding a exactly matching button in case one of them breaks off. One can just forget about tucking in the tops.

I guess I've covered most of the popular e-commerce retailers and pieces of clothing. That's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries