What we did as kids

Do you remember how carefree we used to be as kids? Golden days of life when there were no miseries of life. 

But boy when any such apprehension occurred, it made us freak out as hell. Not getting my point? Let me explain.

It must be in 4th or 5th standard when one morning upon reaching the classroom, I saw one of my friends crying and hence surrounded by 4 or 5 class fellows, consoling her. I asked about her well-being, to which I got a reply from some other girl that she was crying because her heart had come to her stomach. 

Back then, I didn't find the idea of it utterly stupid but now I certainly do. There are times when some part of our body becomes extra sensitive that we start feeling the beating of the heart through the blood veins in that particular part (Pardon me if I went wrong in explaining the reason biologically). She must have mistaken it to be some cardiac matter.

Kids can be so mindlessly misleading. For instance, there used to be this friend of mine who knew how to ride a bicycle and I didn't. Hence, I would ride pillion on her bicycle. After one round or two, she would say, "Oh! I'm tired of carrying around your weight. You get down for this one round. I, trying to be smart, would mouth "Ok, I've gotten down, you can go now" whilst in reality I'll be seated there only. She would then start paddling and start singing her 'so-called' funny originally written songs about her favourite foods.

At the end of the round, I would start telling her what all songs did she sing during the ride and all other comments that she had made. She would then act embarrassed and say that she didn't have any hint of my presence, lest she wouldn't have done all that.

Back then, I think I may have considered it her sheer stupidity; that she couldn't even make out if I was there or not. But I can say certainly that she indeed was smart in planning all that goof up, for you get to know that you're having a pillion rider as it takes strength comparatively.

However, that's a different thing that I still get this review of being so lightweight whenever I'm riding pillion.

Kids tend to be self-involved as well. (No matter how hard do they make it for us by indulging in blood boiling cute and innocent antics). Once I was at a public place and I could see at a distance a little girl playing and talking to herself. I was a little apologetic for her initially, thinking she was not normal or more dreadfully she was haunted. I turned to Mom who told me that kids are like that only. They keep on talking to themselves playfully. Now I've a nephew so I know this. He makes up his own game naming his toys and then staging a competition between them or so.

Do I need to mention about the universal rumour in every primary school about 'A hand cut in half lying in the toilet' and how scary it felt? Or that stigma around the house that has witnessed death, especially suicide? I remember I didn't visit one such building for years. Boy, if anyone hid in that building during hide and seek (which I guess nobody dares to at that age), that game would never end. I suddenly remember one naughty kid even made up a story that when he crossed the door of that house he heard a knocking sound from it.

Then there was this gossip running around our school that one teacher was so overly fair (not like in Vitiligo) that it was due to the plastic surgery that she had. It seemed to explain everything.

Therefore, what have we learnt? That if the actual answer to some problems and solutions is behond comprehension then make up the answer on your own to get away.

Clueless that from where did I draw this conclusion? So am I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries