Gloomy Rhyme

I was getting suggestions from people around (not physically - Covid doesn't allow - but virtually) that I should indulge in some blogging. But who would tell them that a writer doesn't write out of boredom or just for the sake of timepass. At least, that is not the case with me. My writing depends upon the ideation of my mind. 

So, here is a poem that I had written earlier; probably at the time when all the lights in my house were out and I was finding it hard to sleep due to the sheer influx of ideas. Upon re-reading it, I find it somewhat relative to the present day scenario. It goes like:


All day long I watch comedy,
But still I'm unable to find for my problems any substantial remedy.

To be in peace and at content I wanna be,
Do I need to go in for some another therapy?

I keep on singing parody(ies),
For all of the life's so-called tragedy(ies).

I try to strike a camaraderie,
But amidst all the chaos I fail to reach harmony.

Anxiety is getting all of us into its canopy,
Don't know if we'll all be able to set ourselves free.

I think one realises in the end that mind game is all life tends to be,
But how am I able to decode it just now? Is this how long my life was meant to be?

I find some unsaid muse by talking about morbidity,
Is that the reason for my sadness that is eerie,
I better start living merrily and not expect any serendipity.


PS Honestly, I had written it well before Coronavirus had entered the horizons of this planet, but a few verses of this poem miraculously seem to sit so well on this health scare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries