From: Coronavirus Times


Disclaimer: You don't need to facepalm on seeing 'Corona' written. I can imagine your pain, everywhere we go we find it omnipresent. But this post is not going to bomb you with numbers and figures relating to Corona; neither is this going to be about precautions to be taken in this time nor to create any sort of panic.

Earlier I was going to start my post this way: Have I shared this quote written by me on this platform?
But now after doing my homework well, I noticed that I’ve already, so I won’t ask you that question and directly plug it in. 
“Don’t let anything overpower you so much that it becomes your weakness.”
I believe thoughts and their consequences are in our own control if we manage to keep the mind in place, so I religiously follow this rule.

You might be thinking why did I plug in my quote amidst all this. No, it was not for the heck of promotions. It might seem like a heavily worded thought which must have been inspired by a life teaching. But do you know the actual reason for writing it? 

My dad used to be very much fond of tea (like most of the office-goers) and he felt sick on not getting it at his scheduled time slots. He needed to get his 3-times-a-day dose and seeing that addiction I wrote it.
But he has surprised me now, as after retirement, within months he had completely abandoned his taste for tea and has himself joined our club without anyone pursuing him to do so. 

But my prediction on his after retirement life has not gone wrong a bit. He is evidently happy and questions like “What to do now?” and “How to pass time?” that most men find difficult to tackle do not bother him at all. “All my life I’ve only worked. Enough of it now,” he had said. He is very much liking his now-relaxed life, he has abundant time to catch up on all the updates with the handy device in his hand, he watches all the missed videos that he didn’t get to watch earlier due to the remote fights that every daughter-father duo has in case of a TV and what to say about the joy of catching a nap in the daytime without having anyone over your head asking you to be at a meeting at the said time.

And I guess, this is where I’ve got this in inheritance: the habit of not getting bored. I need to mention here that I took a time of about 13 -14 years of age to realise this heredity, as before that I used to get so bored, I kept on asking my mom “I’m getting bored, what should I do?” She was so tired of listening to it and would say “What is this ‘boredom’ that only you have?”



But now, when in the times of Corona many of the people are finding it hard to kill time and stay at home, I’m enjoying every bit of it. I still am much indulged in my own activities. In fact, I am finding it hard to even imagine myself getting back to the normal life and get involved in the daily drudgery of going to the workplace and following the set routine. I was a bit upset about the fact that the curfew was going to lifted soon, but it somehow got extended so I’ve 2 more weeks now.

It seems like we used to be the warriors of the war earlier and now the birds of the open sky who are free to take a flight to wherever they want to. (Please don’t go into the literality of the example that I’ve given, as the actual scene is completely the opposite: we’re not allowed to go out anywhere and are now waging a war against Corona; it’s the mental space that I’m talking about.)

I’m enjoying being at home, earlier I had thought it would be so boring to be there at the same place with almost nothing-exciting-happening in your life, but I’ve become used to it. I might have called myself boring (but that is what I think others might think about me upon seeing my hobbies) but another quote that I live by is “Only boring people get bored” and I don’t get bored.

Another problem that people are facing at this time is Corona-panic. I got to admit it that I’ve never panicked in this time. No, I’m not trying to project myself as a very brave or strong girl. Some people have stopped watching the news because it makes them tense but for some unknown reason, the numbers have failed to instil fear in my mind. 

Perhaps because I’m often caught playing with the idea of death. So, at one point, I've even wondered if this is how the world is going to end. It would be so better if we all die together rather than going through the pangs of separation from your family that comes with the timely death of each one. I better stop talking now. 

WEIRD.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries