Likes and Dislikes

I had promised my sibling that I’ll write such a blog post that they all will feel compelled to read it.
That was a promise I made in yesteryear, not literally, but yeah it’s been a long while.

It is:
Things I want to ‘take’ from so-and-so person, that is, qualities I like in them and which even I want to imbibe and
Things that I want to ‘take away’ from so-and-so person, that is, qualities I don’t like in them which I want to take away from them and throw them out of the window.

Alright, so what if you are not my sibling; You can read on just to know what all I want to imbibe from people and what are the things that I don’t want in them. Even you’ll relate to some of the points even if you don’t know the concerned people personally.


                                                                                                                                                                          www.elegantthemes.com

Daddy:

I want to take (or better - should have inherited) patience from him. The calm (alright, not that calm but…) that he maintains and the way he has faced so many difficult situations, it is commendable.
One could have given up in such challenging times, but to face each of the challenges with such determination (maybe one doesn’t have any other option but to deal with it) and rise above all the shackles while still holding onto the grounds is something I look up to.
And what I desperately want to take away from him is his silence. His sheer silence on questions that I want him to answer. Not that the questions I ask are so bold or taboo which he can’t answer, he sometimes doesn’t even answer the questions which are so general in nature. I’ve never seen such a silent person ever and, I guess, will not see any, in near future as well.

Mummy:

I want to take her attitude of not ever coming back to this world. Even I want the same thing, but deep down I know that I’m not that good a soul who’ll get freed from this world so soon. So, whenever I try to make it a point before her she just denies. Call it denial or having complete faith or hopeless positive but it is what I want to see in myself as well.

Another thing I want to take from her is how smartly she acts in some situations. Had I been left to act in such situations, I would have handled the situation so differently and probably would have messed them up.

I want to take away her over-reactions or sometimes dragging the issue. The way she keeps repeating what she wants to get done AT THE MOMENT. I want to take her ‘making others annoyed’ factor away from her. You know the one who herself doesn’t get angry but sometimes behaves in a certain way that it makes other people annoyed/irritated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries