Winters and The Plant!!


With the onset of winters, I realised it again that how difficult I find surviving in them. But this time, I am feeling relatively less of the chills. Or to say, in other words, you feel less of it when you are busy and not at home.

 The last ‘weekend’ when I was at home I felt that suddenly the intensity of the winters has increased but just the next day I got back to work I was on my old mode of being less affected by the chills. One reason for it can be that when I get out of the cosy home, I get completely packed into clothes, adding more and more layers whereas when I’m at home I don’t take pains of getting ready and decked up leave alone the efforts of getting packed.











What more is that this time I’m travelling so much in this ‘foggy’ weather that it gives the feeling of worsened eyesight to the extent that one can’t see things a bit which are otherwise just a few miles away. And I just got appreciated for undertaking this brave task of doing up down in such a weather.

Adding up to all this, I'm so out of stock of the date and time, that I've asked for a ticket to the station from where I'm boarding the bus not once, but twice. And the second time I didn't even realise my mistake... (Eg. I'm taking the bus from point A and I'm asking for the ticket to Point A itself whereas it should be to Point B.

Enough of painting myself in good light and winter cribbing.

Did I tell you that I planted…. umm garlic? I know it’s a little weird to plant garlic (I mean it’s rare that you plant such a seed.) But I just wanted my nephew to see a plant grow, afterall it’s an exciting and a beautiful thing to see. At first, he enjoyed it when we went to get some soil, for he got to play with it and we came back with all his clothes filled with soil.

He was constantly asking, “Why are taking this soil home?” and on my reply “For the plant,” his next query was “What is a plant?” I said, “It is a leaf.”

My reply satisfied him for a while and then he again repeated his ‘taking-soil-home’ question. “For the plant,” I said. He was not comprehending this word called ‘plant’, he said “Eggplant?” I couldn’t help but laughingly shake my head. His mind must have gone back to his school where his teacher had taught him what eggplant is.

Sadly, his excitement was limited to just two or three days. Now he doesn’t even care to have a look. I have to pick him up to get him to see the plant where he tries to reach the tender leaves with his not-so-gentle-touch. After all, he is a kid not having much patience to experience a beautiful but a slow process. But I can show it to you in just seconds.

Week 1


 Week 2


Week 3

 

Week 4


 Can you just avoid seeing the thing in which I planted this? Although I've cropped it well but still if you can... (Oops, I invited some uninvited attention.) 

'This' song came to my mind on writing Attention which is my ringtone as well. 

Sorry for the unwanted promotions but some good music doesn't hurt. Does it?

Aah! My about-to-swell finger just hurt a bit reminding me that all of this is not such a cakewalk. I should have worn gloves while typing this but courtesy the resultant slow speed and opposing it the fast flow of thoughts waiting to be inscribed into this virtual space.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google