In bits and Parts!

Warning: This post is not going to have any one specific topic, but is in bits and parts relating to different things, hence the title.

I wonder how many times I’m gonna apologise for the delay that I make in publishing these blog posts, for the long gaps in between. It’s like when you near 100 scores, you get nervous and start to make conscious moves, just that in my case I’m not even close to 100 but 75 only. (Smart way to remind that 75 posts milestone is not too far now.)

Even I’m perplexed if all these are just my excuses or life is not really being kind enough to spare me some time to pour down my experiences, thoughts and other crappy stuff.

Just coming out of a Punjabi Wedding, I want to clear that generally, Punjabis are such that they are so proud of them being Punjabis; oozing Punjabiyat out of each inch.

But there I was, leaving no doubts in other’s minds that I’m a Non-Punjabi; Speaking in so good Hindi, not adding Punjabi touch to my sentences or words. Back in school, I answered some question in the Punjabi language once and the next day my fellow classmates were asking me questions of all sorts: “You know how to speak Punjabi?” “You speak it very well, from where did you learn it?” etc etc.


I used not to be up-to-date with latest Punjabi songs (which even my non-Punjabi friends used to be). My playlist used to be filled with Hindi Songs, with just a few, very popular Punjabi Songs.

Not only this, I used to be uncomfortable in speaking Punjabi with people out of my home. I could speak Punjabi comfortably with just my family and relatives. Not that I spoke poor Punjabi with others but I just didn’t like to speak it with others.

You must have noticed that I wrote the above three paragraphs in past tense. It’s because all three of them now stand belied. Like I said I change a lot, these are out of those changes I’ve incorporated. Not to prove my ‘Punjabi tag’, but it doesn’t harm to do any of the above. Still, I’m not that irritatingly boastful Punjabi, Proudly so, oops!

By the way, I was thinking to change my blogging site to some other blogging platform (and that was because I saw someone else doing blogging on some other beautiful site, not that blogger.com is bad but I’m a hell lot of a Jealous girl) but then all the old posts and archive came to my mind and for the sake of them, I reversed my thoughts back. Should I switch to Tumblr or Medium?


Going by the censorship trends, hopefully, Blogger will not censor this line.


One more thing, I drew really beautiful eyes by using an expired eyeliner. I think it is the best thing that I’ve ever drawn. Do you want to have a look at it? Chances are high that if you know me personally, I would have already shown you its picture. But still, I don’t want to lose upon the chance to post them on a public platform.

Anyone up for it?

Comments

  1. So Punjabi hindi is not the current issue for u😂..M i late to see ur best drawing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never was an issue for me but somehow circumstances change. And yeah you're too late to see it because I can't post it here now. My other readers will get confused. Will message you personally.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries