A Ghostly Affair

A few days back, there was this video going viral of the PGI mortuary showing the supernatural presence. It wasn’t that scary as such but the timing that my sister showed it to me did the game. Everyone else was sleeping with all the lights off and I needed to go to the loo. Somehow I managed. The video doesn’t scare me at all now.

First of all, a declaration that I believe that ghosts do exist and secondly I would (almost) die if I ever come across any of them.

As a kid, whenever I heard here-and-there stories of ghosts I would come running down to my mom for the assurance that ghosts don’t exist and my mom would even say so to pacify me.

I used to get scared so easily that I needed someone to be at my back to protect me from ghosts. And this is the reason that I didn’t see Raaz (the scariest Bollywood movie back then) and I haven’t seen a single episode of Aap Beeti (the scariest TV show of that time).



When the three of us were seeing Conjuring, our screams were so high pitched that it crossed through two closed doors and didn’t let others have their afternoon nap. And what to say about its after effects; None of us had the heart to go to the loo all ‘alone’, under-the-bed space became a scary place from where ghost‘s hand would pull us.

After watching Conjuring, I went to a place which is generally very crowded. We reached there at midnight. I was standing there all alone under a tree trying to remember most of the scary scenes of the movie and still not feeling a bit of fear. That was the first time that I loved the ‘crowd’ around.


The other time, we were watching another horror movie and only three of us were at home. After seeing a ghost in one scene, we closed the movie player and started watching some other movie. The next time when again played that movie we didn’t find that scene that scary. Maybe it’s got something to do with merely the presence of parents at home.

(That is a different thing that we were watching both of these movies in broad daylight and in each other’s company.)


Once, Mom-Dad were out of town, when we were about to sleep, we heard some snoring sounds. We wondered from where is it coming as Dad is not at home and it is him who snores. And the sound was coming from too close as if someone is just lying in the next room. We proceeded to 'the' place fearing any paranormal activity. We found none on opening the door and realised that the sound is coming up from the floor above our house. That is our neighbour was snoring.

Now that I’ve grown up, I think I’m the bravest out of us siblings. I had a desire to read a horror story as I wanted to see how one can feel scared by merely reading horror stuff - no visual effects, no sounds. I even bought a novel but it turned out to be a mystery novel rather than horror. (Nevertheless, it wasn’t boring; in fact, it’s now one of my favourites) But, at the last, I got the feeling after reading one such story in a newspaper.


Last but hilarious one:
They say if there is god-like presence you don’t feel scared. We received Hanuman's idol in a gift. it was placed in our room. At night, it was emitting night in complete darkness. We, siblings, were so scared of an ordinary idol emitting so much light that we got it placed in the other room. On its examination the next day, it was found out that it’s been made up of rubber-like thing which makes it glow at night. What more ironical can it be where you are scared of a god-like entity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries