Movies which let me down

It was top 5 'pleasingly' unexpected movies last time. I have to make a list of movies which were unexpectedly poor. To warn others, to make them cautious. These completely tanked, at least in my opinion. 

This list is not too long; probably because my mind doesn’t even want to remember their names. It so happens that when you have high expectations but they are not met to, you feel completely let down. Same is the case of these movies; they may not be the worst of the movies but I felt let down.

1. Aligarh

It was the catchy voice of Manoj Bajpayee which moved me and later on trapped me in a mess for nearly 2 hours. I felt like I’m not watching a movie but a standstill picture placed in front of the camera and shot for minutes. It was so motionless a picture. Its length has been dragged so much to make it a 2-hour picture. 

Had a short film made on the same subject with the same star cast, it would have done a great job but not in the format in which it was made. It didn't have much to depict.

2. Neerja

The trailer of this movie had left me with goose bumps. No doubt the subject is a true inspiration but the movie was not treated well. Right picturization, right star cast and everything else fit and fine but too much usage of the other language for the dialogues of the hijackers (perhaps to keep it realistic) did the trick. The whole focus shifted to subtitle-reading and thus one can’t pay much attention to other aspects. It was an ‘okay’ movie but I didn’t felt as much inspired after watching it as I felt after watching its trailer.

3. Phobia

I wanted to explore this genre more, this subject more. So I lay my hands on it as soon as I could. But in the end, I had the same amount of knowledge of the subject as I had before watching it. 

In fact, watching it added to more doubts such as why were the things so dragged and why did its star cast choose to do it. Strange scenes, stranger characters, stranger visuals in front of your eyes with you not having any clue. It was a sheer wastage of time and efforts.

And this is after the movie is much praised by the people and reviewers/critics alike.



4. Dil Dhadkne Do

With its ensemble cast, scenic locations and an intriguing family’s story promised to be 'as entertaining as ever' I was onboard for it. But it was not my cup of tea.  

Apart from few dialogues (which I can't even recall now), it wasn’t worth watching. The ensemble cast was indeed ensemble. With so many people working in the movie I, as an audience, got confused as to who was who and was this character introduced earlier. Sometimes, the music of the film becomes the saving grace, but, in this case, not even the music could help it.


So, yes these are some of the movies which failed in my terms; despite cutting out a nice trailer!!


It’s completely up to you (of course) if you want to have a shot at watching these movies and want to check out if our choices match and decide if this post is just shit…… well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google