Fan(atic) Moments

I was so confused; I equally wanted to write on two topics but then I finally decided that I’ll go with this one and I’ll write about the other topic the next time. So you don’t need to waste your time on thinking what that topic could be. You’ll anyway get to know about it in a few weeks’ time.

First of all
Disclaimer:  Neither this post promotes the movie ‘Fan’ nor is inspired from its storyline; rather is my own brainchild.

I’ve seen that I have written most of the posts glorifying me (at least I see it this way). So, here, for a change, I’m going to write at my own expense and tiny excerpts of others (of course). As you must have guessed it right, this post is about the feelings and behaviour of celebrities’ fans.

I’ve been one such fan for many years of my life, particularly (throughout) my teenage. I would update my status to wish them on their birthdays; I had a folder (for a soft copy) and a file (for a hard copy) containing their pictures, knew everything about their ongoing and upcoming projects. But didn't get heartbroken if any of them got married, it wasn’t my type of thing (at least, I would like to believe this).



But, I don’t know what struck my mind that when just a few months were left for my teenage to get over, I unliked all the pages of the stars I used to be crazy about, deleted the folders (Ah! It released a lot of memory), trashed the pictures I used to keep in my files. So, now I attribute my fan(atic) behaviour to my teenage. 

Most of the people I liked were singers; in fact, all of them were singers (in one way or the other) barring one or two. Initially, it started with my sister’s choice of a singer but then gradually I had a long list of people who made it to ‘my likes’. Almost every other song being played on T.V. was of my favourite’s.


Beginning with Atif Alam to Mohit Chauhan, followed by Javed Ali, Gajendra Verma, Shrey Singhal, Raghu Ram (Yes, He is a Singer), Ayushmann Khurrana (He is a singer as well), Farhan Saeed. NON-SINGERS Gautam Gambhir, Raghav Juyal, Manish Paul, Kapil Sharma (No, he would fit in singers league), Michael Jackson (But that was for his dance moves).

And I used to be damn defensive about them. I remember once in my school days there was a guy who said that this particular person hasn’t sung the song as well as the original version. I tried to convince him the other way and when he didn’t budge I said, “I’m not going to talk to you if you don’t agree with me.” To my surprise, he agreed that whatever you are saying is right.


Now when I look back, I find this act of mine just so stupid and like a person who can’t accept others opinions. Plus, that guy - how could he agree upon something which he truly doesn’t believe, that too just to continue talking to me.

Sometimes I even regret that I should have said things which were ‘actually’ correct and not following those idols blindly. But then I guess my teenage hormones overpowered me.

PS You must go and watch ‘FAN’ it makes up for a one-time-watch in this context.

PPS Tiny excerpts of others? New post is coming soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries