Of Transitions and Changes

          "Nothing is permanent, except for the change"

Yes, it is true that none can stop the changes that take place in one’s life, but it is more about “How smoothly you tide over it.” Transition is something which affects a person to a great extent.


Take, for instance, the pre-school stage of a child. How difficult it is to handle kids at this stage. But once the comfortable atmosphere of the kid is changed from home to altogether new surroundings of the school, the kid starts to learn to adapt to the new environment. Initially, it is difficult to adjust into the chained atmosphere bounded by dozens of rules but slowly comes down the acceptance.


Another transition comes in the face of shifting from school to college. While many of us remember the initial school days as ‘cry period’, most of us, at the same time, have cherishing memories of the college days. According to me, it is because of the ‘more freedom’ which goes unnoticed when we upgrade from school to college. Say, moving in corridors, bunking lectures, haunting canteens etc are the things which are not acceptable in schools.





Similar is the transition when your batch is moved from a lenient teacher to a strict teacher. It is not that you are not grateful to the teacher for being lenient when he teaches you; but, it is only when you are actually put under a strict teacher that you realise the value of the lenient teacher. You realise that earlier how you took the leniency for granted.


Smoothest transition which I have been through is - from a kid to a grown up. How I used to find people studying in 11th or 12th standard too big what to say about the collegiate(s). SOON, I realised that I’m a matriculate. When my choices changed; from cartoon shows to musical shows (though I still have some cartoon shows on my watch list.). I almost cried at that time. I never found myself enough grown up as I used to think, as a child, about the people of the same age.


Ever played chess? You must be knowing how engaging and mentally demanding the game it is. But once you are finished with it (that is after hours of mind battle) you still have its hangover. You might have returned to the real world, but your mind is still stuck in the knights and bishops. 

I wonder what chess masters feel like; they might think about chess in their dreams as well and the chances are high that they end up saying ‘checkmate’ aloud when they are sleeping already.


Last transition which is coming to my mind might be applicable to me only, but here I say it:

After watching Harry Potter series, I used to feel completely out of this world; I would consider myself a magician surviving in the world of ‘Muggles’. Once in a while dropping in the conversation the spells (mantras) like ‘Expecto Patronum’, ‘Explliarmus’, ‘Crucio’; don’t feel like taking the name of ….. (Well, you know it!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries