I've something to tell... or say "Publicity"

I'm late. This post was scheduled to be posted on last Saturday. But was caught up in ..... well, you'll get to know as you read on. It's been some time that I was trying for it, but finally, it happened. No, I was not trying to woo any guy or preparing hard for an interview/test. Okay! Enough of suspense as if I continued this for more, you'll get disappointed with what I got to say.

Here it is:
http://dailypost.in/your-story/45361-the-name-game



I wanted to get an anecdote by me to get published in some newspaper. I was hoping (or say expecting) my name written over on the middle page of the newspaper - the opinion one. You know, there is some joy in seeing your name below something meaningful.


I got a mail one day regarding my post getting a place in their newspaper. I visited the link and it was only then that I got to know that they published my story on their online portal, leaving my dream, of seeing my name in the (hard copy) of the newspaper, shattered.

Anyway, no grudges. I am satisfied even with this. After all, it was only after my mom refused to believe that people are interested in reading my posts that I decided to send one of them to a newspaper. My result was dependent upon - if my post gets a place in the newspaper or not. If it does, then I’ll win the bet which I did.
Now that is a different thing that NOBODY VISITS such portals and even my blog, the primary reason I renamed it - The Public Diary, where the public part is imaginary.
(Hopefully, the concerned newspaper people doesn’t visit my blog, just to read this line, the ‘portal’ one). 

P.S. (Dated Jan 2021) Kindly go to this post to read the content shared via the above link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries