Excuses here! Excuses there!!

One walks into the class late. The teacher asks, “Why are you late?” “Ma’am, actually, I missed my bus,” with this, scolding of the teacher is conveniently escaped whereas the actual reason for being late was the dilemma of "Should I go to the class or not?" which one faces in morning.

And if later on someone asks “Why did you miss the bus?” “It came before its usual time.” Excuses form the major part of one’s life; mostly used for defending oneself.


Like many of us, when I got less marks in a school test I blamed the teacher for being partial, straightforward. See, if a teacher awards different marks for same answer, then it is partiality.

What about justifying your low score in exams? Say “The exam was out of the syllabus,” “Perhaps the examiner couldn’t understand my handwriting” or “The difficulty level was too high this time.”

This was a study-talk. Let’s move on to: How can one overcome inferiority complex?

If I see anyone doing well with some creative work, I would say “They must have taken classes in the respective course. I’ve not taken any; I still can do this better. ” This is the best way to come out of the inferiority complex from someone way too talented. If THE TALENTED PERSON claims that no classes have been taken then ‘God’s Gift’ will be a better justification.


Similarly, I’ve seen many people who say “She is looking beautiful. Must have applied loads of make-up.” This one, generally, revolves around actresses who act in movies.


Another day a cousin of mine was in the shower. He forgot to take shampoo with him. So he asked me to give him one. I cut the sachet of shampoo and handed over to him. Later on when he was out, my mom saw the shampoo overflowing from the packet - spilled on the floor. He said, you cut the shampoo that is why it fell off.


Not to talk about the slow-workers. They would say that my working speed is slow because
“I believe in quality and not in quantity.”
 Excuse me, are you trying to say that people who work fast don’t do quality work?


Of late, I lost a cash-prize-contest run by an esteemed newspaper. I found my entry better than the ones who won. My reaction: Winners must have sent money along with their entries in the envelope. And I’m not excusing the fact I lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries