Ummm! I guess you are.....

A guy approaches an unknown man to assure manipulate his fiancée. As soon as he is successful in his mission, that unknown person mis-recognises him as someone whom he knows. I can recall this scene from the movie ‘Nautanki Saala.’ Eh! Let’s not get into the details; I’m not here to tell the story of that movie.

Once we were coming back from somewhere and got out of our vehicle. I walked out of the vehicle, crying (I can’t remember the reason for crying, right now) and held hand of my father.

Suddenly, my ears heard something and I stopped crying in order to see clearly. I realized that I wasn’t holding the hand of my father, but of some unknown uncle who I mis-took as my father. All thanks to the blurry view due to the moist eyes.



Another day, when I was going to my school, I saw one familiar face few meters away. To greet her, I waved my hand high up in the air. As I reached closer to her, the so-called familiar face began becoming unfamiliar. To confirm this unfamiliarity, she asked me “You just waved at me a few minutes ago. Do we know each other?” I stood there helpless, making some excuse to justify myself.

I don’t know what happened to me that day. I mean, the girl I was SUPPOSEDLY waving at was not so dear to me that I couldn’t resist waving at her. We met before only once or so.

Marriages - An event where you meet your relatives ‘after ages’ (I’m stressing on after ages purposely). My sister became the victim of this fact as she looked at a guy from a distance and said to me “Isn’t he so-and-so-cousin of ours?” I was doubtful. I suggested her to move forward and if he is the one, then I’ll also join you in greeting.

A Little conversation between both of them cleared our confusion as he was not the one. She apologized to him and came back embarrassed.


Talking on the phone is not an easy task, especially when you have a connection which breaks. My friend called one day. He wasn’t calling from his regular number and thus disclosed his name in the very beginning. My bad luck, the connection had to be disturbed at that moment only. I could hear only the last part.

Coincidently, another friend of mine has the name of that last which I was able to hear. I talked to him thinking him to be someone else. Seeing my strange manner of talking, he tried to confirm “With whom are you talking to?” And then he cleared my mis-understanding. I laughed upon myself, feeling stupid.

I don’t know if I am bad at recognizing faces or my face is easily recognizable as one of my childhood classmates met me after years. She approached me saying “Remember me?” I was clueless, but I had to take a name. So I randomly took one name. She was disappointed and said “No, I am ____.” I was like “Oh! You have changed so much (Excuses, you see.)”

One thing I can say, for sure is, no matter the embarrassment you are facing at the moment, but when you recall these incidents after years, they don’t fail to put a smile on your face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries