Endless Exams :(

Lately I got free from chains; I mean my exams got over. And the feeling was just awesome. Repeated attacks of excitement were visiting me. My sister was like “What is wrong with you? why are you smiling time and again?”

Not that I have given exams for the first time, but I don’t know why excitement level this time was this high. It may be because I’ve made so many plans, blogging being one of them (preventive orders against which were given to me by my mom) or because I was extremely fed up of studying, for such long period (including those pre-exam holidays in which you are supposed to prepare for exams, in short, the little cousin of exams).


Trying to understand such boring books in itself is a very complicated task. Add to it, people around you who are chilling. Your temptation to join them just goes up. 
And if your luck is so bad, then the chances of some guests arriving at your home, along with their children (who would completely mess the house) will worsen the situation. No matter how much closed room you are sitting in, their high pitch will reach your ears.

Your belief in the fact “Everything else becomes so interesting during exams” sets again. Your hunger-mode-turns-on on frequent intervals. Any excuse would help in escaping from studies. 

Whosoever brought this concept of exams wouldn't have been aware of the trouble he is putting generations of generations in. An average human being goes through countless exams in its lifetime, from the earliest childhood to the mature adults.


My story is different from the people around me. I am the one in the group who don’t have the ability to wake up early in the morning and then to sleep late at night for the sake of studying. Once I tried to study till late at the night and in my dreams I was solving questions.

Another reason for this is that whenever my siblings are at home, I can’t study so I try to cover it all before they arrive. They usually get to know about my exam on the D-Day only. 


People skip daily chores during exams like browsing the internet (I’ve friends who deactivate their account during exams), listening to songs, and leave alone attending marriages. It is not my thing.

Then comes the exam-day, you go to school/college all prepared (don’t take this word ‘all’ literally). You are not in a mood to study, but the people around are studying like anything which makes you nervous and fearfully you also open your books. It is not exams that make me nervous but the people around.


If given an option to choose, I will choose practical subjects as you don’t have to throw unnecessary lengthy sentences, unlike theoretical subjects where you are required fill up sheets and sheets and the hand pain shows up, due to writing for long hours still you can’t help it.

At the end of the day, no matter how much you hate exams, the feeling after the last exam is just awesome, daydreams of 'How I'll spend my holidays is a heaven-like feeling.'  And to spoil the mood, if anyone puts up the question “How was the exam?” I say “One gets to know only after seeing the result. Till that time you are clueless." As they say examiner is GOD. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries