Jhooth bolna PAAP hai

We entered our home. Mom asks us “How was the movie?” We say “It was super boring; we could not even watch it full and thus left it mid-way” She says “…but you came after three-plus hours which indicates you saw it till the end”. “C’mon mom we then strolled around to normalize our mood,” we said with seriousness. Third one joins the conversation with that 'Really?' expression on her face, revealing the whole truth.


My mom often asks that what do you get by lying. There is some unsaid joy in lying. Re-thinking what you just did invokes laughter. Perhaps, it is a kind of boost to your acting ego that I fooled him/her so well (or may be not). You can twist your each and every sentence into a lie. It happens that nobody is willing to believe you as you fool around so much.

(This reminds me of a story heard in childhood where a person every morning would lie that a lion has come and everybody would run around and then he would laugh at all of them. But when one day, the lion came in real, he screamed for help no one pays attention to him). 

One day when I was reading newspaper, I came across an article in which it was written that people who lie are, generally, brainy and smart as they have to be spontaneous and on-the-spot. 



Laughter has been one of my weaknesses. (Oops! Should I have told you that?) Earlier whenever I tried to lie, they would catch me. Sometimes they would say that I am lying (may be because of my laughing face), even when I am not lying. False blaming by them makes me unable to suppress my smile and they think that it is because I am lying, indeed. So I have a tough time to control my laughter. Had I been a little controlled person, I don’t know how many times I would lie in a day.

Self-Image cautious Mode ON: I lie, but in those matters only where it won’t affect much, basically with the intention of adding fun element and not to hurt/damage anything.

Back to normal: The other day, I was watching Nat Geo and the topic under scrutiny was ‘Lies’. (Do I need to declare their copyright before quoting what they showed?) They were saying that even a six month old lies by falsely crying for getting lifted. All of us lie many times in a day, knowingly or unknowingly. So it is sort-of an inborn characteristic.

Oh! Isn’t it getting too long? And I have lots of stuff to tell. I shall create a new post as its sequel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries