When you OBSERVE around...

I am going to be little philosophical in this post and all this post contains is - my convictions.

One fine day, I was sitting in my classroom with my friend and the lecture was free. Both of us had nothing to do. After getting bored for minutes, she asked me “What are you thinking?” I suggested her to just observe the people around.

We witnessed this: two guys were running where one was chasing the other one. Suddenly the guy, who was getting chased, came across the group of girls (Note: He topped the list of shy guys). In order to avoid that group of girls, he stopped midway which resulted in him being caught up by the chaser. And we burst into laughter. Had we been ignorant about the surroundings, we would have missed this chance of laughing.


Whenever any creative person is interviewed and is asked about the reason behind the success story, the reply will be in terms of art of observing. “I observe people around me and substitute my observations into my work. Hence people relate to me and like my work.” 
And I, hereby, draw a conclusion 'People like only those things which they can relate to.' (Isn't it such an obvious thing? Silly me drawing unnecessary conclusions)

The other day, I reached college a little early and only 2-3 fellows were present. Two of us started talking and the third one kept quiet (May be out of introversion). 
I had noticed her sitting quiet earlier as well. I just casually asked her why are you so silent and she just smiled back. After that day onwards, she started greeting me each day. Now that we are well acquainted with each other, I got to know that she is the most talkative one in her group.

I formed a conviction that introverts, actually, talk a lot once they get comfortable with the person. As my sibling has this image of being most quiet one in our home, only we know her real side whereby she always has crisp replies to our questions.

After seeing people addicted to tea (I know it is a little silly reason), I was forced to write this “Don’t let anything overpower you so much that it becomes your weakness”. (People who know me need not get pissed after listening to this thought of mine for the umpteenth time.)

I observed another trait of humans is that whenever you ask them to do something ‘immediately’ (because otherwise the chance of doing that will go worthless), they will not do the required act but will stop there and ask “Why so”? I mean C'mon this question can be asked later on as well, but no.


Finishing it off with this observation of mine worth telling - There used to be this teacher in our school who had this harsh and strict image among the students. I failed to understand why it is so because I always found her sweet-talking person. 
Then, one day she was not in her best of moods and slapped a kid for not performing well. When the kid was being slapped, through the open door of the class, I saw a girl standing outside the class with a hand on her mouth and carrying that fear in her eyes. I understood the whole story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google