Science of Stupid!

Do I need to add a disclaimer? If the title of this post is similar to any TV Show (most probably to a show which is aired on National Geographic), then it is intentional, and no co-incidence.

 In this world where everyone is in the quest to reach acme and achieve perfection, stupid people are giving people the reason to smile. I believe in “While Smart people make you feel inferior, stupid people make you laugh”.

To begin with, kids are stupid and I’m saying so out of my own experience. When I was a kid, I used to think that only those people get old who get married; if you don’t marry you won’t grow old. As kids get teased easily probably this is why their stupidity is named as ‘innocence’.


Not only kids are stupid, but grownups as well. One day my friend called me up and we talked for minutes. At the end of the call, she asked, “Do you know what it is today?” I replied “nothing special”. Then she reminded me that it was her birthday and I was like ‘Oh shit!’ I felt more stupid because I did not set reminder for her birthday thinking I will not forget her birthday. (Leave alone ‘not forgetting,’ I could not even guess that it was her birthday despite her efforts of reminding me.)

Another day, we were travelling somewhere and were not clear about the routes to be taken to reach the destination. When the driver asked my sibling “Which way should we go?” she said pointing towards a road saying, “That way as this road is in the shade,” as she didn't like sunshine much. She couldn’t be more stupid in that situation.


Then, a person told a secret to a few of us and said: “Don’t tell this to anyone” (Golden line which must be uttered when revealing a secret). After some time, one of us started talking about that secret in front of other people who were unaware of it. I gestured her to not to talk about it. And she was giving me expressions as if she doesn’t know what I am indicating her about. After a few minutes, she got out of her ‘being stupid’ mode and realized what was going on.

Once I was in a room and said something to my siblings, who were in another room, and what I heard next was a weird conversation in which they were wondering about from where did this sound come? I repeated my words again so that they can get to know that I was the one who was talking. Again, my words were followed by their stupid reactions then I stood up and went to them and explained what just happened and we laughed at their idiocy.

If you see a glass of water falling down and the water is about to fall upon your clothes, what would you do? Place the glass upright to avoid the trouble. But, no, a stupid person will start screaming “Oh Shit” “Oh Shit!” instead of doing something to save itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries