Teachers (Not the whisky brand)

This person walks into the classroom carrying some books in hand and with the default expression, usually ‘sadu’ one. Yes, you guessed it right, I am talking about teachers. Sorry, I categorically made every teacher fall into this group. Not every teacher is like this but most of them are.

First and foremost, my father is a teacher and just like every kid my ambition was to become a teacher (every kid desires to be in profession in which his/her parents are). With the passage of time I ridiculed this ambition as I realised I don’t have that love for teaching as my dad has. 

Let me exemplify his passion for teaching — once I was confused about some logic that I asked my dad about it generally. He got so interested that he went, took a pen, a notebook and came back. He explained me in detail. Had I been in his place I would have plainly answered the question without much effort.


Another thing that I noticed is that if a person who speaks less and is a teacher; then as a student you can’t know about this trait as teaching is a profession wherein you speak continuously for minutes. 
There used to be this teacher of mine who would teach us by using quality words but I somehow got to know that in person she doesn't speak much and therefore doesn't have many friends.

I have been taught by an interesting teacher who used to be more interested in personal life (majorly love affairs) of her students than their education. She would peep through windows of the class as to see what is going on in the class. If she, by chance, sees any classroom with closed door, pat she would open it to look what is cooking up.


Then there are teachers who are so friendly that students long for them. One of my teachers is such that he teaches in such a way that you immediately understand what he taught and he would entertain you in between the class (no matter how complicated the subject is). 

Completely opposite is another teacher of mine who would ask us to - not bunk any lecture, learn each and everything taught in class, be regular in class, submit an application for leave….

Ending on the note: Teachers are not ALWAYS on ‘serious’ mode, I feel like even they want to do silly acts or something evil but as they say “Teachers set the example for students”; so they have to act always good even if they themselves don’t feel-strongly-about what they preach. For instance, there may be some teachers who may ask you to study for hours and days, but in their student life, they themselves studied barely for hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries