To: Kind People


                                “What has happened to Kindness?”


Many of us have been caught saying this. Though the matter-of-fact is that kindness has not completely walked out of the scene and one needs to have an eye for kind hearted people. Kindness may not necessarily pay back you in monetary terms, but the ecstasy derived from doing such deeds will motivate you enough to continue it.

I am darn sure just like me, you too would have witnessed such people who are kind and receptive to the needy people. So this post is dedicated to all those kind hearted people who have enough courage to stand up for such deeds. 

For instance, once I was walking my way back to home under the scorching heat of the sun that suddenly a lady on Activa came and voluntarily offered me to give me lift. Although I was not facing her (which implies that she didn’t even see my face which negates the chances of her knowing me). That is a different thing that I denied as I almost reached my destination. Or perhaps it was because of the mindset that we have grown with, where our mothers teach us to not to take lift from strangers.



Similarly, we all are aware of the behaviour of bus drivers towards the passengers. Until they utter few expletives their day is not complete. But then a well said quote is “Exceptions are there”. To my surprise a CTU bus driver not only respected people but also dropped a senior citizen in front of dispensary even when it was not a ‘destined stop’. On another day, A driver saw a girl running behind a bus (she was few meters away from the bus stop) and the driver waited for her to catch the bus and moved only thereafter.

Once one of my friends went to chemist shop and bought prescribed medicines. When she came back and tried to verify them with the prescribed medicines, it didn't match. So she went to another chemist shop to check if the given medicine can be taken as substitute but the shop owner refused. He even showed signs of concern saying that you should talk to the chemist who sold you wrong medicines because they may end up harming your health badly.



So, I would like to conclude on the note that “No act of Kindness is small” and we should try to help those in need wherever we can. You must be wondering that I've not mentioned any act of kindness on my part but I should let it be a secret ;)

Comments

  1. No act of kindness is small...yaad rahe gi eh gall.. mere birthday wale din kahi eh gal😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google