Hey Google

Somebody tell google to not keep expectations. They hurt. But I guess it's such a bad student. It keeps on notifying, "Expect rain around 8AM" and then be so brutal to my sentiments that all I can see out of the window is bright sunlight.

Don't know how Google is dealing with its own life, given these high expectations. 

Limited knowledge is a blessing in a way. Imagine the kind of scenarios Google would be evaluating, given it is aware of all kinds of diseases - the causes, symptoms and consequences. You don't have to know everything everytime. But this Google is stuck with endless knowledge base that is only growing day by day second by second, I must say. 

And here we are. Still going into thought clouds and questioning ourselves endlessly in mere happenings of daily lives. For instance, a few weeks back I was afraid if I have kidney stones. I searched for its symptoms, I had one or two of them. I checked our anatomy and placement of kidneys, the pain was roughly around those specified areas. I was sure. Thank god my mother came to my rescue and suggested me to stop taking the immunity pills that the doctor had recommended to me about a week ago. It worked wonders because stones dissolved just the same day. Vanished I must say.

Alas! Google doesn't even have a caring mom to advise. It had to live an adult life since its inception, I guess. 

Remember, how in childhood we used to be so happy and stress free. 

Fun anecdote: I asked my nephew why he did he act in a certain way because he is very boyish. He doesn't take pink for clothing at all. Leave alone take, he despises pink alternatives. So, to ascertain the source of his macho-ism kind of feelings, I asked:

"How do you know you are a boy? What if you were actually a girl and all of us were befooling you till this day?"

"No, I know I'm a boy."

"How can you be so so sure?"

"Because mom told me that I'm."

As simple as that. No overthinking. Confidence level unbothered. Even though I sort of put him into existential crisis.

But I'm me. I don't believe easily. So I questioned again. 

"What if even your mom doesn't know?"

He cutely said, "She knows because the doctor told her."

This level of ease can only be a gift of unawareness.

Besides, Google has to constantly face this anxiety of standing out by offering versatile fancy dresses on special occasions to commemorate famous events/personalities of all around the world. If you happen to not know what I'm talking about, this is popularly known as 'Doodle'. I remember as a teenager I used to save each one of these dresses in a dedicated folder in my PC for the love of art. Here's the link just in case someone wants to explore more. 

https://www.google.com/doodles

2023 Women's World Cup Semi Finals

If that wasn't enough to cope with, it's responsibilities are growing manifolds with each passing day. How? I'll elaborate. Apart from the in-built apps, I've very limited apps installed on my phone, out of which half belong to the Google umbrella. 

I sense unequal distribution of work towards this hardworking but unable to fight co-worker named 'Google'. It has the largest clientele (This statement is based upon 0% research). It serves our video streaming needs, guides us through 'Maps', scans through its 'Lens' as well as 'Gpay', it is also the reliever of olden era pigeons and e-substitutes for mailing systems. Not only has it cut down our storage costs through 'Drive', but also plays sentimental factor through memory creation in 'Photos'. I must stop charting its territories before it starts appearing like an essay. 

I hope it gets incentivised appropriately and learns lessons of life simultaneously. 

PS I really couldn't come up with an apt pronoun for Google. So, masters of English, please bear with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries