Craze and its absence

When life happens to you, you can't help but only change your ways. Hold your sympathies. I'm not talking about something tragic, but only the natural changes in your enthusiasm over a period of time. 

You may feel so deeply about a thing, a trend or even a person; give it enough time, you will outgrow it. 
Married people related to this one at the drop of a hat, didn't they?

This craze of these days is unmissable. Earlier, when a daughter took birth, parents instinctively started to save money for her wedding day. Gone are those days. Now, even the parents of sons have to start collecting each penny as sending your son to Canada (or insert the name of any other foreign country) is as much a liability as marrying your daughter off. 
Pardon me for the unintentional patriarchism if I didn't mention sending daughters to offshores.

Then, there are people who are crazy about old songs. They call it the golden era and the only melodious songs to have ever been composed. Sometimes, I feel if the people in love with old songs are too lazy to put in the constant effort in searching for new songs every now and then. I mean, the songs which I was crazy about 5 years ago, can't be on my playlist forever. Or better still, I can't feel the same rush of blood on listening to that piece of the song as once used to be. 
  

On an unrelated note, if you are in love with a song and want to get rid of the love (Why would anyone even want to? Anyway.) put that song as your alarm tone; or people who receive numerous calls in a day: set that song as your ringtone. You'll start developing a disliking for that song after some time. Listening to your alarm tone creates a sense of uneasiness. I'm saying this out of my personal experience. 

As said earlier, when life teaches you, you learn the hard way but deeply. We all know the craze of signing on paper in childhood. Who has not filled the whole page with their signatures? As we grow up this craze is converted into fear of putting signatures on a piece of paper. It is a sign signifies that you've learnt the importance of it. 


When the advent of digital screens was abuzz, there was a massive influx of scenic wallpapers of beautiful places from around the world. There was such a craze of setting mesmerizing, quirky, peaceful and what-not wallpapers. Now I'm so done with it that I sometimes feel like putting up a completely blank screen wallpaper. Some solid colour. Say black. 

Similarly, like any other new bee on social media, I used to post updates after updates. There was enthusiasm for coming up with innovative ideas and thoughts from time to time to remain in the league. Then came the time to switch to another platform and I refrained for a long time from making an account on the most popular messaging app of these days. It was majorly to avoid the stress of updating the statuses and DPs. 

Lately, the festive season went. As a kid, I used to be excited about festivals. The vibe of the market, celebrations and all would be awaited. All of it has subsided now and I'm comfortable with this non-excitement. But when a third person casually puts out, "How do you celebrate so-and-so day?" I am out of words. It would be so unsocial, and even unholy at times, to say we won't celebrate it. It gives the feeling of odd one out.

I don't mean not celebrate it altogether. But the celebrations are more or less not present, rather than absent.

All of it might sound monotonous and dull to an outsider, but if seen from another angle, it could also mean inner peace where you don't feel the need of outside objects and practices to keep yourself happy. 

However, I'm still figuring out on which side I am falling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries