Should one be sympathetic?

Of late my mind has started telling me to stop being nice and kind, unfortunately. People start taking you lightly. Or worse, some even try to overpower you. Like they say: It's the age of kal-yuga

On an almost daily basis, I come across people who have become so used to the idea of being dependent on others that they don't feel any shame in asking out for help each time they need a specific thing to be done. 

I find it a bit absurd as I am the kind of person who would put in her best effort to get the thing done. Only when I'm at my wit's end and fail to find solution that I ask someone else for help. 

But I guess, either other people are too social that they find a reason to converse through this way or they are too unapologetic in asking for things as soon as they hear of them.

Irritated, once I deliberately didn't help a person seeing their shamelessly-laid-back attitude. I knew what was the required document but I acted as if I've never heard about it ever. I wonder if it's a government employee like behavioural change that I'm undergoing or I'm just learning not to pay attention to unnecessary events.

Somewhere deep down I felt I did the right thing, as in this day and era of internet (when everyone knows how to use YouTube and WhatsApp), how can you not find a specimen of a form which is required every single year?  


On another day, a person came before me, furious over something that I didn't do nor was I supposed to rectify. I heard him patiently, thinking wrong has been done to him. I looked into the matter and got it resolved within 2 days (trust me I'm not trying to boast). He had pleaded that it was very urgent, otherwise things would get over-delayed.

Cut to two weeks later, I asked him if his work has moved to the next stage for further process. He said, "Not yet. The work is still pending at this stage only." 

It just showed how careless he was. The thing which was so important to him a few days ago, for which he had let his temper lose, wasn't even looked at by him now. 
I learnt never to entertain him in future.

Shunning all the negativity, I'll conclude that some people have the skill of repeatedly talking about their problems in such a way that you think they are in so much trouble. That your problems are nothing in front of them. Hence, they succeed in taking sympathy from you and get their work done. 

A beautiful soul like yours doesn't deserve to be fooled. Be wise in your judgement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries