Weird Diaries

I was telling a person that you are very weird, that you behave strangely all of the times. His comment directed the conversation towards me, "But you are the one who sets 'Stay Weird' as your status." I was speechless. Yeah, I tend to be weird at times. Once in a while letting my childish antics take-over the sensible version of mine.

For instance, I always had this confusion: "What should be my imaginary name?" when I had to write it in the answer sheet during exams, as you are not supposed to disclose your identity. ('What a confusion,' you must be thinking.)
Back then, Comedy Nights With Kapil got broadcasted on the TV all day long. So, I attempted two questions, naming myself 'Guthi' in one letter and 'Palak' in another. When I told my friends about this, they were in disbelief earlier but relented later on.


Moving ahead, I was at a wedding function once. After all the major part of the event had unfolded, my sister and I were chit-chatting with a not-so-close cousin, standing just outside his home on the street. Around 10-15 minutes later, he casually invited us to his home. In usual cases, the response is 'No, No, we are just leaving,' which my sister was already giving. I cut her in between and said, "Yes, let's go."
Both of them were a little taken aback on my promptness, with my sister giving me a look.

Disclaimer: I might be blowing things out of proportion but it's not for getting attention. This is the real version of things that have happened according to me.




I and my pal often plan snacks party at our office for no solid reason. So, we had all the items tabled at the noon and he asked me to inform and invite our sectional head. I went in and amidst this 10-step-walk to his cabin, I planned. 
"Sir, it's my birthday today, so we're having a party. Can you please join us?"
He wished me whole-heartedly but I burst out laughing even before he could complete. Poor he!  As he said, "Who does that? Why do you do this?" (Thank God he took it supportingly.)

Next time, when it was someone else's birthday party and that very person was to be invited, the birthday girl was shying to go alone so I accompanied her. When I informed him that it's her birthday, all three of us got smiles on our faces, with him saying, "I know it already this time. I'm coming."


I was in a store with my friend one day. While we were looking out for badminton rackets, one guy started teasing us by passing comments, "Badminton. Wow!", "Bro, let us also play this game."
I tried to ignore him by not giving him any reaction whatsoever.
"I love playing badminton," he still didn't buzz off.


I felt pity for him on seeing his persistent effort to get a taste of his own medicine. So I decided to give it back to him. No, I didn't invite him to a badminton match; I'm not that foolish.
"Let's buy a bat girl," my friend was looking at me questioningly thinking why am I suddenly talking about bat out of nowhere.
"I've heard it's very good for beating." She got the point now.

We got out of the store just the next second. I didn't even see his face but what I'm sure about is that he didn't expect it at all as he didn't make any comeback.
"What happens to you? You're mad," my friend declared.

Side note: I'm a slow thinker. I don't get witty answers in my mind spontaneously. As I realised it only later that I shouldn't have said 'Bat'; Hockey is more (in)famous.

You wouldn't believe me when I tell you that I have stopped my boss from going to another meeting as the minute before he was lecturing us on how the task at hand was very important and that it needed to be done at that moment only. "No Sir, you can't go now. It is very important," imitating his tone subtly. But a little credit should also be given to him that he actually stopped and took it lightly due to his frank nature.

In nutshell, you can only afford to be weird if the people around you allow you to be and don't get hurt or disturbed. Otherwise, there are circles where people don't know about this side of mine at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries