Where can I get Satisfaction pill?


Of late, I wasn't satisfied with the way my brain had started thinking. I was often found complaining about my workplace and how unfair life is. Briefly, I was getting a bit thankless (to put it modestly).

Deep down, I knew it was a toxic habit so I was contemplating ways to soothe and pacify my mind. I started getting engaged in activities for they say, "Idle mind is devil's mind." I thought of starting meditation as well as it is claimed that it helps in calming the mind.

Then one day, I saw a video on Youtube. The speaker was telling about what we should and shouldn't talk about. One amongst the key points was to not to complain. 'Nobody likes to pay heed to an always complaining person,' it rang a bell.

Amidst all of it, a few weeks ago, I went to my village-place on an occasion. Man, what to say about the quantum of work people undertake there. I saw people literally sweating themselves out in what they call their 'routine chores'. Without even pausing for a minute, without even a wrinkle of tension on their forehead and without shirking at the ugliness of the nature of work.



Despite the sheer hard work, they barely make the ends meet and still fall in the category of poor who have to think twice before getting themselves the comforts of the modern world. It made me stand up and question if I really deserve what I'm getting for the type of work that I do.

But, then, I guess it's been like that since the beginning. Manual labour is considered inferior to the mental skills. But that visit made me value all the work that is done with hands. Be it handicrafts or what farmers do in their fields to grow crops for all of us or dairy farming for deriving the milk that we rely upon etc.

Sometimes, in fact, most of the times, the company and the attitude of people around you affect your behaviour. It might be possible that due to constantly listening to grumbling people my mind got wired similarly. Even you start to picture people in the same light.

Thankfully, better sense prevailed upon me and I'm now trying to not to be part of such conversations. Even a wild thought - like pasting a note beside my desk asking people to not to indulge in talks with me which criticise others - passed my mind but I'm afraid if it should be brought to reality.


I'm not sure if I can act normal and not be on the 'extremes' by either having excess gratitude or have complete dissatisfaction. I fear if I tend to be over thankful towards my work after this visit.

Phew! I'm finding it hard to not to talk derogatorily about it (a habit developed eventually). I had started finding a muse in doing it; even though at times, I wasn't feeling that much awful, but somehow it felt pleasing to criticise the organisation and system in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries