Gaping Gap


I know I’m far behind the scheduled time that I had promised you guys.

Reason? 
Well, I’m feeling a little strange in this blogging world now. I guess this is the prime reason that they say, “Keep on writing every day, even if you don’t feel like.”  Otherwise, this gap plays out a spoilsport. This innocent and harmless looking gap. Mind you, it’s not really so. 
Or I guess all of it is just in the mind.

Honestly speaking, I am a bit perplexed not knowing where to start from. Inhibitions finding a place inside me, making me two minded if I should reveal some incidents that happened in these months or not. But I know, if not in this post, I surely will let the cat out of the bag in my next. And it is one hell of a lifetime experience.

Anyway, getting back to ‘Gap’ and why I took this break.

Actually, I had to appear in an examination which consisted of 4 exams back to back, with no days in between. Add to it the fact that they were optional. This word ‘option’ sounds like a good thing but the effect it has on the psyche is what I’m talking about. You start taking things for granted and keep on postponing them to next time which never comes.

I realized the power of the mind for the umpteenth time. Hell. Mundane tasks start catching interest, mind trying to find one or another way to shun the books.

I was expecting the exams to be held at the end of the October or rising November but the datesheet slotted them in the second half of November, hence the unintentional delay. Hoping not to have to appear in these exams again (result still awaited), I thought of giving it my complete attention, hence the ‘break’.

Never in my life had I given four exams on the trot (combined with the distance that I cover on daily basis and a syllabus of five years of studies.) I refrained from indulging into any other sort of activity be it blogging, sketching/drawing or clearing up the mess at my home thankfully except for watching a 1-hour episode of a 3-month long show (if only you can guess its name - BB). 
[Side note: I just watch one show in a year so don’t portray me as that drama-loving-girl.]

And guess what – I was the only candidate appearing for such exam. That spotlight on me with people knowing my name but none to cheat from. However that phase is over now.

Meanwhile, I am reliving the joy/fear of awaited result with occasional butterflies in my stomach.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries