The College Days

People miss old days; especially their student life. “The best part of the life is your life of the student days,” said a person recently. Reminding me of this long overdue post that I’ve to complete. And it’s, almost, been 2 years that I’ve completed my college but here in this little moment let me recollect the memories of those days, those stupid days.

I remember on the last day of my school, everyone else was hugging out each other, with a few of them even teary-eyed. But I was lacking that emotion. I have never been missing-this-missing-that type of person, or maybe I don’t make friendships so deep and pure.

Even at the time of last days of my college, I was sure that I would be in the same waters as I was on the last day of school. Surprisingly, I was missing the college, even before I had completed it. I faintly remember those were the pre-exams preparatory holidays and suddenly I got the feeling that I’m missing the college. I am dead sure that it must be for the silliest of the reasons, but the feeling was there.

There used to be this amazing teacher in the college who was sheerly capable and intelligent, but was grounded enough to not let his capability affect his persona, attitude and behaviour; instead, he was the one who would take things in a joking spirit always. Once, he was teaching a topic, he turned towards the board to write and asked out loud “How do we spell ‘benefit’?” and the whole of the class was humoured. 


One of the students replied with “B-N-O…,” listening to which he looked back with that unexplainable expression on his face. 
Quiet obviously, he was not expecting his students to match him in humour.

Then there was this unplanned and impromptu visit to youth fest. No, I’m not underrating the fest, but we were not really looking forward to going to it that year. But as the fate would have it, we went there with the least of expectations but the Bhangra day performances were a treat to the eyes. Out of all the visits to the said event, the last one was the best. Otherwise, in the normal course, we used to attend the function organised by the college having all the award-winning performances of the youth fest staged which would serve the purpose for us.

Then in the last year of the college, the college hired new teachers all of them very young and fresh in the teaching world. The new teachers tried to be too strict, taking chapter-by-chapter oral and written tests, making us scribble our notebooks for every word they dictate to us like they do in the schools. It was like either we have changed our college or we have drifted back to the school. It didn’t feel like the same college that we used to be. But then bunking is always a rescue.

Surprisingly, the teachers who were strict in the last session were more lenient this session. We even asked one of the teachers teaching us the last time, and whom we didn’t like a bit that time, to come back and teach us this time, although lightly. The other teacher, who was quite a scare in the last year was a friend and favourite of many in this year. The teachers who were taken for granted got to make us realise their value. (who knows if it was the conspiratorial policy of the college…)


Those little things and changes, all the happenings over these three years made me miss the college, so what if it was just for one day. Not even one day, One moment, to be precise. ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google