The Changing me!!

I am well aware of the fact that I’ve changed drastically around half a dozen times in my life (in terms of behaviour). But this time I fear getting changed.

Because, this time my interests are getting a woman-like, instead of a girl-like (much to my dismay).

The reason I am saying so is because:
1) I ‘sort of’ developed a hobby of cleaning all the stuff in my house.

Huff! It’s so time-consuming, demanding and tiring, and most importantly never ending. My weekends are gone in wiping the mess and dirt out. And by the time (or say a period of time) I am finished with one round of cleaning, the dust settles down again, awaiting the second round of cleaning.


Earlier I used to be out of the last ones to realise that things have gotten dirty and need to be cleaned.
“Cleanliness is just the process of putting the mess of one place to another” ~ Nidhi Ralh.                        
Such used to be thoughts and wordings. Now my eyes automatically follow the dust/mess. Even one of my friends pointed out that you really have this cleanliness bug, whenever I ask you what did you do this weekend you say this.

Okay! I admit I might not have changed this much in just a month or two; and that I might be creating a hullabaloo for nothing. Agreed that I am counting even a little bit of organising the cupboards and wardrobes in this cleaning spree, but I am doing so to not to let it ‘aggravate further’. So that in my head, I have made it such a big issue that I will think twice before doing such ‘unnecessary’ activities.

(I swear, I’m not writing this to toss the Swachh Bharat campaign led by Modi, just because I’m a Modi-basher.)

2) I, unknowingly, look forward to cooking new dishes. (Which are mostly Pastas, Pizzas, Sandwiches, Toasts etc, but anyway…). Earlier, whenever my ears fell upon the dialogue “I like preparing food for others” I would make a face, thinking how is this possible. You HAVE TO make food because it is a necessity, but to think of it as a hobby, never.


I’m afraid, very much afraid of my hobbies taking a shift. My earlier hobbies (which I believe are still my hobbies, despite the fact that I don’t get much time to persuade them now. Occasional blog posts are the evidence for you to see the lack of time) let me enjoy a status- although only in my head. I don’t like to admit that cleaning and cooking are my hobbies... and I never will.

However, the third hobby on which I spend some of the time nowadays is something that I am not scared to include in my list. It is playing Chess; I always wanted to play it but my siblings didn’t like to play it. They are more of Ludo-type-people. But thanks to the online chess app…. I’ve got to know how bad I’m at playing it. An online player defeated me within a few moves, but the spirit didn’t die down and I found someone who’s not an expert but is also not the one playing with whom is a cakewalk.


P.S. While I’m sitting here writing this up, I have two pending works, one to clean off the cupboard and other - to make corns by boiling them. 

Comments

  1. Its first time I am reading someone blog specially someone personal dairy.
    “I love how fired up you get talking about your job/hobby/mood, it’s quite interesting.”
    That things you tell about your life, your mood swings are what makes you so interesting. Keep it on posting your new blogs i'm waiting from core of my heart. God bless.....


    "You may write like no one's reading, but everyone's reading because you're an amazing writer!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! It's been a while that I got a new reader (in my knowledge). Thanks a lot. It really means a lot. *Smiling ear-to-ear*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Growing forgetfulness

Hey Google