Do you get Bored?

"Only boring people get bored" ~ Ruth Burke
 The first time I came across this quote, I trashed the very idea of it being true.

Incidentally, those were the days when I used to complain often, “I’m getting bored” to which none would have any solution. (Phones were not such big sensation back then.) And because I would iterate it time and again that I would end up getting more bored; maybe the repetition of it worked as a constant reminder to the brain that you ought to feel bored.

Days passed by, weeks passed by, months passed by. This quote remained in the back of my head and I started using it on others whenever they would tag me ‘boring’ or complain of getting bored themselves. They were literally bored pissed of hearing this quote for umpteen times.

Like, they say you don’t get to know when you fall in love, the same happened to me. Over a span of time, I started getting connected with the same quote and now I actually believe in it.

It might be the reason for me turning out to be a (so-called) creative person. You need to find ways to entertain yourself; indulge in some activity or the other. Now I don’t have the time to get bored. I don’t get enough time to persuade the activities that I am habitual of now (and believe me I’m not talking about drugs, not even remotely!)

You’ll literally find me with my reading material (which is most of the times my newspaper) in weirdest of the situations; then there are ideas pouring in my head about what to write for you guys; deciding upon the next piece of art that I’ll be taking up; thinking about the food options that I have for eating. 
For the rest of the times, it is either getting annoyed at the people around or worrying about the littlest of the things. So, basically, the idea is to keep your brain occupied.

So, the people who can’t even manage to do any of the listed things get bored. And if they are not able to do things as simple as these, then they are bound to get bored as they ARE boring.


Just like me, you may tend to tag this quote (and this blog post as well) as boring and the chances are that you’ll develop a liking towards it if you really think about it; otherwise, I’m a boring person with boring choices.

PS Looking back and finding a 441-word-long post, I feel like patting my back for writing this long a post on an almost ‘boring’ topic.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries