The day it has been...

This day part of the day, the way it has been, I have to write about it.

I was comfortably seated, holding a novel that I’ve been reading for a while, occasionally closing it to absorb the thrill/suspense that it had been offering and at times I had my jaw dropped. Probably the earlier choices that I had made while selecting the novel weren’t this good, perhaps due to the genre that I chose this time.

While I was reading it, from the corner of my eye I could see a little creature moving, distracted I shift my gaze to it. 

I realised that it’s the same little mouse that has been living in our house for a week or so. And in this one week I saw it for the first time, the other times I just failed to spot it which led me to declare it a ghost (After all, I never saw it, even after others telling me it’s there - under the fridge, under the bed…. It would just vanish into the air)


I moved immediately to open all the nearby doors to provide for an outlet. Then I fearfully flashed torch under the bed but of no help; I couldn’t spot it but this time I couldn’t call it a ghost because I was the one who saw it. 


After sometime it moved out of the door. I quickly went to the other room to block that little passage under the door although the passage wasn’t big enough to let a mouse enter through it. By the time I reached there I saw the same mouse entering from ‘the’ passage only. After about an hour of the mouse leaving-re entering-leaving our house, we finally succeeded.


On moving to the other room, I find that my sibling just returned from work and is showing me a little cut on her forehead. On asking about it, she said “I was getting out of the car and the corner of the door hit me.” I was puzzled as how can a door of a car hit your head. I mean why she was standing so close to the door so I teased her for a while. 

You can see  that XXL size dressing coming almost over her eye

After few minutes I see her coming with such a big gauze that it not only covered all of her forehead but also covering her eye slightly. And that big size dressing for a centimetre long scratch on her forehead. I burst into laughter.


After all this, I felt like having lost my energy (Given that I had to move some furniture up and down to get that little creature out. Besides, it had been a while that I had lunch). So I tried to find the glucose box, after failing to find it I went to my sibling for its whereabouts she directed me towards shelf; when I couldn’t find it there, the other one directed me to the cupboard and finally mom came to my rescue.


Just when I lifted the box I saw that it was held into its place with a rubber band and there was this yellowish colour thing hanging from its bottom. I got a feeling that it must be the tail of the lizard. While I was confirming this I hear a voice, “It’s the tail of the lizard”, I threw the box down instantly. Others were telling me that the part of the rubber band must have broken off which must be hanging out. But I could see clearly that both the things had completely different colour.


So I let myself believe that it must be the lizard tail and sat there energy-less (ready to believe it for the rest of my life). Dad suddenly took it in his hands holding onto the two ends and stretched it out as far as possible to clear all my misconceptions.



So much of clutter in my head, after all, all the events took place in barely 2 hours. I needed to clear my head and gain my energy back to take on the regular chores, to tease the sibling with extra (extra) large piece of clothing on the forehead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries