Tick Tock Clock

You are lying in your bed. All the lights are shut and everyone else has fallen asleep. A sound of ticking is coming constantly which is somehow not letting you sleep. You guessed it right.  I am talking about that constant tick-tock sound coming from the clock by your side.


Constant literally, as they say, "Time never stops." Not even if you remove the batteries. It moves at an utterly constant pace that whenever I tried to count the number of seconds, it would tally for two-three minutes and after that estimate would go up or down. 


Sometimes, Einstein’s relativity seems so accurate. Bad times seem to be everlasting while we forget that soon the happy times are going to be over, we seem to be so much engrossed in them. I remember after my 8th boards, I had a month long vacation. For the initial days, I was as clueless as what should I be doing. I was waiting for them to get over. But then out of boredom, I got a new-found hobby to pursue. It was then that the time flew like anything.




Similarly, Sunday - the most awaited day of the week, passes like anything. What you get to do on that day is just ticking your checklist of works left pending for the day. Besides, one month of exams is the period which moves at a snail’s pace while the following three months of vacations are one of the most cherished moments of the year.


Similarly, waiting for something is one of the tedious tasks, but if you put the same time somewhere else, say a playlist consisting songs making up for an hour’s duration, it would be a cakewalk.


People are often quoted saying “I can’t do this; I don’t have time.” (Even I have said it many times and at this platform as well. What? You want me to give you a link to that blog post. Never.) But what I feel is that nobody ever has time, it is you who has to make way for it; make way for what you really want to do and refrain from making excuses of the shortage of time.

Another day, in a conversation, the topic was brought up that how time flies. I countered that it is nothing like that. Look at my life, it is just not going anywhere (Mind it, I’m sort of bored-of-life person).


How can you say that time goes by quickly? The other person said, “It is not that my life is a roller coaster ride, but when you are going through it, you don’t realise it; it is only when you look back at it, at a glance that you realise that how far we have come.” I lost the argument after getting convinced that if you look back in totality you’ll realise that time is flying, indeed.

Trust me, I DIDN'T get the 'topic idea' from this article. I wrote my post days ago. And I feel like mine is a little less boring.

Just felt like sharing this: Once I was listening to a show (on FM) which had a concept of telling stories written by budding writers. I came across a unique story which was narrated from the point of view of time. There was no first, second or third person for that matter, but time expressing its feeling. Hypothetical it is but who can bind imagination in limits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries