That dreaded hall... Not Again!!

Since I am posting after a long time, so to be fair, I am posting after a short interval. But with the same topic as these exams don’t leave you so easily; to be honest short of stock I am. ;)


The other time, when a fellow student was actually cheating and was asking some answer from me. The teacher noticed us and forbid us by asking to not to cheat. I heard it the first time only, but the other one couldn’t hear what the teacher was saying so she said “What ma’am?” (Generally, people understand themselves what the teacher is saying in ‘such’ situations.) The teacher repeated herself. This time she let it go for the time being.


 Later on, when we submitted our answer sheets, I saw her talking to the teacher about something. After coming out, I asked her “What were you talking about with the teacher?” and the reply came “I didn’t hear what the teacher was saying even third time so I was asking her what did she say at that time.”


There was another teacher on duty in our room who was so blabbered mouth. And for the students who don’t remember the answers well, it becomes difficult to form sentences for the heavy duty questions imposed on. After half an hour or so, she started talking like she was taking a class and not feeling like teaching, questioning why students do this and that during bla-bla situations. Not getting the desired response, she fell silent.

After some time, she made a phone call talking about her personal matters in not-so-low-pitch. She cut the call finally followed by a desire to have a coffee and the call to arrange it. Ill fate was mine, that after a day or two, some of her students had an exam to appear for, regarding which they were coming in lots to inquire about the syllabus and she telling them all about it in detail. I, somehow, managed to frame the answer for the not-well-read-topic.


But not all people are same. Once, I came across an invigilator who was lenient enough to move out of the room from time to time to let students cheat. This had become evident from her movements that she didn’t have a problem with students cheating, but at one point of time, she expressly said that in the last 15 minutes I’ll allow you to cheat. Leaving everyone in 1 second of disbelief and making everyone in the room smile.


But with every good thing comes a bad thing as well. There was this teacher who was on duty in the next room. Whenever the teacher (on-duty in our room) moved out of our room that teacher would take a stroll and kept an eye on the students in our room. (At one point I thought crossed my mind that they must have made a deal of keeping an eye on students in each other’s room.)

While I was telling the answer to a girl sitting at 4 benches far from me he saw her first from the window, then he moved forward to see whom she was cheating from. Just when I realised that he was seeing us, instead of reacting like I was doing my paper I burst into laughter. Thankfully, he didn’t say anything (As if he would have, it would’ve mattered.)


P.S. Invigilators please don’t give those repeated reminders about the time left for the exam to get over. It irritates a lot and gives loads of tension as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries