The Trip Journey(s)

“I want to go for this one, can’t miss it any cost,” is the thought after hearing about ALL the trip plans. Every time you feel like this is the place which was calling you for years. But one thing I must say is that it is not about the place you are going to only; in fact it is more about the journey. (I’m feeling like I’m a travel blogger)

Barring a few, for most of the people the first trip is to a ‘zoo’ when they used to be a kid; the excitement of meeting (or rather) watching the creatures about which the kids read in their storybooks - The king of the jungle, the clever fox, the huge Elephant.

I distinctly remember that in my school days there was this announcement of the trip to science city. I was among the few kids who deposited the fee on the very next day. The trip was after two weeks. Just two days before the trip, I fell ill. So my parents asked me to not to go and take back the fee amount. After I did the same, in the next class our subject teacher, who just came from science city, narrated her experience. She strongly recommended each one of us to go there.

Kid I was, my heart took a U-turn and I asked my class teacher to put my name back in the list of students going for the trip. Seeing my frequent change of mind, he said, “Reach school at 5:30 Am tomorrow if you want to.” Turned out, I didn’t go.

But this is not the sad ending, Years later, my dad’s school (Yes, all his kids have passed out from school, but he still is in school *wink*) planned the much-awaited trip to the same place - The Science City. And this time none could not stop me from going there.

The other time when I went for another trip planned by my father’s school, I realised that how big deal it is for the school students that you are the daughter of their school head. They were all coming in groups and asking us for a picture with them. (The fact that I rarely get a picture in which I look good refrains me from obliging to such requests, but then I’m not that rude to refuse it outright). It might be ‘just a photo’ for them, but around 15-20 minutes of ours were spent there only getting a picture clicked with groups; sparing less time for us for some sight-seeing.

It was then that I got to know about the drawbacks being famous. Just that in this case I hadn’t even done anything which would make me famous. Now when I see people fantasizing being famous it doesn’t make me crave for fame.

And then there are fringe benefits when you don’t go on a trip as a student. You don’t have to be disciplined which is demanded from you as a student. The teachers won’t constantly ask you to be in queues, not to do this and that. This reminds me of a trip where a girl was with the teachers all the while leaving all her fellows back. I mean, who enjoys the trip with the teachers, but then maybe I don’t know about it yet. It is all about your ABILITY to enjoy in a given situation.

P.S. Am I the only one who fears missing the chance to go on a trip just the night before - what if my alarm didn’t ring? Or what if I didn’t hear the alarm? Or what if I got late and I missed the common bus?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries