Jhooth bolna Double PAAP hai

I am back! (Background score: Tini ti tini)

There used to be this classmate of mine who was a close friend too. Her name was identical with a lead character of popular-movie-of-those-days. So I started calling her out (my friend) by that lead character’s last name.

Then one day, my other friend casually asked why you call her by this surname, when her actual surname is not this. I (falsely) justified myself saying, "Her real surname is this only (which actually was that lead character’s surname in that particular movie) and the surname which she uses is actually the surname of some celebrity of whom she is a fan." And she believed me despite my hard-to-suppress-a-smile face.


Another ritual of mine was to buy pens of only green colour. All this started because when once I was carrying a green pen, I casually said that as I am carrying a green pen therefore I am a Pakistani. 

Then I thought to carry this statement forward, so whenever I was asked “Where do you belong to?” I would reply, “From ‘insert-some-place of Pakistan’”. My reply would make them surprised and they would ask “How did you land up here?” and the series of few other lies would follow.


I had thought that at the end of the session I would tell them that it was all fake stories and I’m not from Pakistan. But I forgot to do so and now they must be living with that fake fact. (As if it is affecting their lives much. They won’t even remember that they met a girl who lied to them that she was from Pakistan)



We all have been through that awesome feeling which comes after the end of exams, specifically the last exam. Once I told my family that I have my last exam after two days (but in actual I was done with my exams on that day only). 

When that morning came after two days, everyone around, literally each one of them, came and asked me to wake up as I have this so-called exam. And I was like “Let me sleep!”. They were perplexed that why wasn't I waking up. They said “You have an exam today. Don't you remember?” I, finally, clarified that there is no exam today, as their constant attempts were disturbing my sleep.



As said in last post, my mom never gets the point behind lying, but this point is worth mentioning that when a few days ago, my cell phone fell on the floor, she lifted it up and said with a serious tone “This is not working.” I instantly moved and snatched the phone to check. Aal was well (Yeah! I know. Past tense of the song ‘Aal is well’). It was working perfectly. After this reaction of mine, she kept laughing for minutes and I said "Now you know why do I lie."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries