Anatomical wonders

Don't worry. This is not a doctoral post that would go above your our head.

Living in this body sometimes makes you wonder about the alternative ways in which this body could have formed, doesn't it? I call them 'Anatomical wonders', which these are not per se. 

Or am I only one getting these weird thoughts? I hope not.

Starting right from the childhood, just like any other kid on the block, I used to be scared of darkness. The transition from sleeping in a room with so-called 'zero watt bulb' lighting as a baby to sleeping in a completely dark room, relying merely on moonlight or may be street lights, instilled a sense of fear. Especially, if everybody else in the room is asleep but you aren't. 


Add to it the fact that my sibling, with whom I used to share the quilt, had this habit of sleeping with the quilt covering her face all upto her head. It used to make me feel like the ghost would notice me outright. To solve this potential trouble, I too tried to hide my face in the quilt, but this difficulty in breathing under the covers wouldn't let me stay in for long. It was then that I wished for the placement of the nose above our head, not below our eyes. It would make it all so comfortable, I believed. 

Thinking of childhood reminds me of the awkward positioning of arms, which makes it rather difficult to wear clothes with sleeves. Remember, how they show men needing extra help to wear their coats, whilst women can surely relate to the struggle in dressing a blatantly crying infant, who is just not co-operating in sticking out his hands. I'm afraid I haven't come up with a better structure yet.

Do I need to reinforce that I find winters tougher than other seasons? 
Ofcourse. To set the foundation.
I believe I have a fairly long neck, which in most cases is considered to be a good feature. But I'll tell you about its drawback.

Source: behance.net (Caroline Attia Larivière)
Suppose a chilly breeze is blowing on a wintery morning, you are out all covered but forgotten to carry a muffler. You will definitely find this feature of yours bothersome. 
(I know, I don't seek any anatomical rearrangement in the above, but I found it inclusion worthy in this post.) 

Protruding ears also face the backlash of chilly weather. The protrusion part could have been easily  avoided and ears could have been dug into the sides of our faces. 
Talking of protrusion, ankles could have also been skipped, except that anklet sellers would have been out of jobs in that case. I'm sure all of you must have felt that pain of hitting your ankles hard against objects, while we move around, especially in winters.

Having eyes at the back of our heads has to be the most sought after alteration in our body structures, isn't it? No need of rear view mirrors in vehicles, easy to catch horn-makers (V sign with fingers) at the back of your head when getting a photo clicked, 360° view wouldn't have been only a thing of technology then and what not.

Writer's note: This post is brought to you by an uncertified, unlicensed and non-doctor person, who has zilch knowledge of biology in comparison to the depth of issues sought above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: First Benchers

Of food and meal choices

Cricket diaries